Whois is is a database used to query whether a domain name has been registered and the detailed information of the registered domain name (such as domain name owner, domain name registrar, domain name registration date and expiration date, etc.). Through domain name Whois query, you can query the current information status of domain names, including contact information of domain name owners, registration and expiration time, domain name status, DNS resolution server, etc.
Explanation on the implementation of the rules of domain name expiration and deletion;
- Suspend the resolution on the expiration day, and if the fee is not renewed within 72 hours, modify the domain name DNS to point to the advertisement page (park). The domain name retention period is 30-45 days after the domain name expires (the time specified by different registrar policies is different).
- After the retention period, the domain name will enter the REDEMPTIONPERIOD, which lasts for 30 days.
- After the redemption period, the domain name will enter the deletion period of about 5 days. After the deletion period, the domain name will be open and anyone can register.
Explanation of domain name status:
- Description of each status of cn domain name:
- The status starting with client indicates the status that can be added by the client (registrar).
- The state beginning with server indicates the state where CNNIC operation increases.
- The status starting with neither client nor server is managed by the server.
State explanation of domain name:
Domestic domain name:
- Suspend the resolution on the expiration day, and if the fee is not renewed within 72 hours, modify the domain name DNS to point to the advertisement page (park). It can be renewed automatically within 35 days.
- 36-48 days after the expiration, it will enter a 13-day high-priced redemption period, during which the domain name cannot be managed.
- If the fee is not renewed 48 days after the expiration, the domain name will be deleted at any time.